February 17, 2013

New Look..



Did you notice something different about visiting my blog this time?? I decided it was time for a unique, new look. My lovely friend Sara gave me some great suggestions on design/layout and so I built up the courage to just dive right into Photoshop and try it myself. 

I wanted a brighter, cleaner look. And I definitely think it is more "ME" I knew I had to incorporate teal, some sparkle, navy, chevron and the citron was the perfect balance. The new about me section is much easier to read and the text area is much wider allowing for bigger pictures!! I was joking with my friend Veronica about having my own blog design business, but who knows with some practice ;)

My new button I am going to add to my sponsor page soon!

What do you think? Did you notice the color scheme is from the Office Mood Board I posted last week? 

Hope all of you readers had a wonderful weekend...we visited our parents this weekend and it was very relaxing! Now I can't wait to watch the Walking Dead tonight! If you think I am crazy for this, I would highly recommend giving it a chance first! Haha and if you do watch the show, you should take this funny quiz! Any guesses on which character I was??


I also just finished reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I am waiting to get the second book Insurgent from the Nook library. If you liked the Hunger Games, I would definitely recommend this book.



Get excited for what's coming to the "new" blog this week:

Bedroom Mood Board- linking up with Design Your Dwelling
Design Dilemmas- rug options and new accessories
and possibly another Wedding Wednesday or The Newlywed Game link-up!
post signature


23 comments:

  1. Love the new look! Definitely a huge fan of chevron!

    Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love chevron but I wanted it to be subtle!

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  2. Im ur new follower from the blog hop :)
    Http://www.curvyguruceri.com/
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Ceri! Hope you will stick around :)

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your new design!! It looks fabulous! And great job for doing it on your own! It's not something I'm willing to try. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlyn! You could totally do your own! But don't change your design because I love it :)

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  4. Love it! It's funny how as a designer you literally never stop designing! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So true...always looking for something to change/make better!

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  5. New follower from the Monday Mingling Blog Hop! I'm definitely a fan of Teal and Chevron! (Just check out my blog design:)) I like this layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog design and you are so sweet!

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  6. I love your blog design, great colour scheme, it is so relaxing. I just bought Divergent so I'm glad you liked it, I might have to bump it up my to read list xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments! You should read Divergent...I want to start the second one NOW....

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  7. Samantha,

    I saw your blog from the GFC link up and I had to check it out. I seriously am in love with the color teal. I use it for everything. Your blog is adorable. I am your 101th follower! I would love it if you checked out my blog also.

    http://colorthat.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy! Your blog is sooo pretty :) Thanks for stopping by and I am following you now! Can't wait to chat more...(about teal) ;)

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  8. Love.love.love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! thank you! thank you! You are so sweet Erin :)

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  9. newlywed link up! that's my vote ;)

    ps: LOVE the new blog design
    pss: there's 4 girls in our part of the office, 2 of us watch the bachelor and talk about it all the time, the other 2 watch walking dead and talk about it all the time...it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm sure it is!

      That is so funny...I used to watch the bachelor but now I just think its really cheesy and fake (no offense) and since you probably think I'm a weirdo for watching a zombie show!!

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  10. Your design is cute! Good job :)
    {Stopping by from Monday Mingling}
    Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog design! I just did a blog makeover myself! I just recently started watching The Walking Dead and I LOVE it!! I just started season 3 and I can't wait to get caught up!! Found you through Veronica's blog (Passion, Pink and Pearls)! So glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of your blog. Also, I just finished Divergent, too! Did you know they're filming the movie soon? Another good book (series) is Switched (Trylle) by Amanda Hocking. Anyway, I just found your blog & can't wait to read more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found you through the blog hop! Love the look of your blog so fresh!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)