May 5, 2014

Chips and Queso

I was so excited last week when I got an email from Liz inviting me to a Chuy's event!! You all remember my love for Chuy's (and mexican food in general) and I even coordinated a blogger dinner there last summer right after they opened. Now they are opening a new location in Midlothian and wanted to spread the word.

We actually went on Thursday but in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I thought I'd share a little recap tonight.

Liz's fiance joined us for a little while and snapped this pic. I LOVE IT! Ashley and I were wearing matching mint pants.

 We started off the evening with some complementary drinks and a fajita bar. They also had chips+salsa and gave us a chance to try all 7 of their sauces. The boom-boom sauce was my favorite. It was a tangy, little bit spicy queso!! Then they brought out 2 of their signature dishes--- the Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom and the Steak Burrito in their spiciest Hatch sauce. And if we hadn't eaten enough (which I definitely had), they brought out their tres leches cake for everyone!! IT WAS SO GOOD! And we all went home with some "swag" like this awesome Chuy's t-shirt.

I had a great time catching up with these 2 beautiful ladies. We shared wedding stories (since Liz is tying the knot in less than a month) and talked about upcoming blogging events and conferences...and food as always!! I was so honored she picked me to come but the best part was Ashley blessed us with her presence even though Grey's Anatomy was coming on. Thus the new hashtag was created: #iheartyoumorethangreys Haha, okay maybe you had to be there for that one.

Can't wait until next time! (Which will be the SEO VA bloggers event. So excited for this one!)

Have you ever been to an event like this? Have you ever tried Chuy's?



post signature

7 comments:

  1. Mmm that was so delicious!! I'm glad we got to go together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could swim in their jalapeno ranch dip. Oh my gosh! I went there last Tuesday and literally my meal was one crunchy taco and two baskets of chips, salsa, and jalapeno ranch dip. Love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Mexican is my favorite meal. I could literally eat it most days of the week without bating an eyelash! Chuy's sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum I love Mexican food! Glad you had a great Cinco!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah Mexican...We're doing a date night this Friday with our life group to a mexican restaurant and I keep going back and forth between trying to eat healthy or indulging lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Mexican food! I'll have to try Chuy's next time I'm in Richmond! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! That was seriously such a blast! Excited for tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)