May 2, 2016

Bikini Series Week 1


My sweet friend Liz had the great idea to blog about the Bikini Series and anyone could join in on the link up to see each others experiences so I am joining in...because my life is basically eat, sleep, breathe Bikini Series right now!! HAHA! If you aren't sure what that is, catch up in my previous posts
Goals and Inspiration
My Tone it Up Journey

You can purchase the Nutrition Plan here or get the whole bundle that includes the journal here
The Richmond notepad was a gift from Liz

 "A Sunday well spent brings a week of content"


Highs: 
Tuesday Yoga at Dogwood Dell with Jordan!! We had so much fun and got free pops (see below)
Girls day in Fredericksburg with my friend from college, Brittany! We got brunch and then did some shopping downtown.
Got up for my "bootycalls"(its TIU lingo for morning workout)  on Saturday AND Sunday!! At least I started off well.


Lows: Skipping 2 "bootycalls" when that was one of my goals to get up for more. I also didn't complete my 10k steps every day. I could say my excuse was the rain but I could've made it work.
Indulging too much over the weekend

Favorite meal: My favorite meal from the plan was the Blueberry Bombshell smoothie. I have a feeling the next smoothie of the week will be a fave too because it includes COCONUT!! My favorite meal outside of the plan were my new Dark Chocolate Kodiak cakes!!! Yes, these are TIU approved for M1-3!!

Cheat meals: King of Pops Popsicle, Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Iced Latte and maybe a few too many over the weekend BUT I'm recording them all in my journal so that next weekend I can look back and remember how guilty I felt. Plus, vacation is coming up soon so I definitely need to stay on track now!


Favorite workout: That is a tough one...my favorite HIIT style routine was K&K Slay (on the Beach Babe 4 DVD) . 1st of all...the name is awesome! Secondly, it was short but still got me sweating so that's a win.
My favorite toning routine was the new Beach Bod routine!! Also very effective :)

More Snapshots from the week:
This was the cute brunch place we went too...their menu is "Locally-sourced, all natural and organic breakfast and brunch" so I didn't feel too bad even though we had some toast and jam

 We needed a little pick-me-up after the shopping so we grabbed some caffeine from Hyperion Espresso which I will definitely be returning to.

Overall thoughts from the week

I had a great kickoff but definitely had some bumps along the way...had some stressful things come up that I let discourage me. But my girls were there to encourage me and help me stay positive. Physically I feel stronger already. I really want to improve the muscle tone in my legs, which I've always struggled with. I just need to invest emotionally this week and keep telling myself I CAN do this!! Also, didn't get to the gym once. I do want to make it to at least one class this week!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)