November 26, 2012

more diy-ing!

I am ready to tackle my next project. I really want to try and make some Christmas decorations this year instead of buying them and also be more creative in wrapping them. Of course I went to Pinterest looking for inspiration. I can't wait to sit on the floor wrapped up in blankets, drinking hot chocolate, blasting Christmas music and crafting :) Anyone want to come over when I do that?? Hope these get you into the Christmas Spirit.
Buddy the Elf!

Speaking of which, we got our tree while we were home and now we are ready to get our decorating on. I will be sure to share those pictures with you (when I finally take them). We bought all of our decorations last year after Christmas knowing that they would be really inexpensive and that we would need a lot of them this year. I don't remember what all we bought so I can't wait to dig them out and see.

Tim and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We ate wayyyy too much, got to visit with family and play with the little ones, watched the Hokies beat UVA, had a bonfire, and I shopped til I dropped! I think that just about sums it up. Oh, and I realized I took 0 pictures...FAIL! We are almost done with Christmas shopping now YAY! I did catch a cold, but hopefully I can get rid of that quickly. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Did you do anything fun/exciting? Are you in the Christmas Spirit already?

Gift Wrapping Ideas
Using Newspaper and Doilies
Photo tags instead of name tags!
Paint Chips but in Christmas colors
Neutral wrapping with names stamped and bright ribbon!
And if your very crafty/brave fabric wrapping and flowers. (Just be sure they don't get smushed!!)

Decorations:
Glitter Trees on a candlestick!!

Ruffled Tree Skirt

Starbucks jars painted with greens and ornaments)
Mason jars w/red candle and mini wreath

Tree Branch Centerpiece

Food:
Hot Chocolate Bar MMMM 
YUMMY


Just for Fun:
Candy Cane Nails
Pinterest
Pug in a Santa Hat

P.S.(If you have a blog) I made a button finally. It's over on my left side bar so be sure to grab one! Let me know that you did and I will get one of yours too :)

XO Samantha

6 comments:

  1. I want to sit in the floor wrapped up in blankets, drinking hot chocolate, and sing Christmas music while doing crafts with you!!!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the stamped and ribboned gift wrapping idea! it's so old-fashioned :) and that pug is too cute!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist adding the pug! I wish I had time to wrap all of my gifts like that :)

      Delete
  3. So many adorable Christmas DIY ideas!

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I could get over this cold, I would have started on them already! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)