Ashley @ It Is What You Make It // Kalyn @ Love.Laughter.HappilyEverAfter
// Mallory @ From California to Kansas // Karla @ Forever Newly Wedded // Maggie @ A Weaving of Grace
Samantha @ Designer in Teal // Veronica @ Passion.Pink.Pearls // Kaitlyn @ Wifessionals // Emily @ Newlywed Moments // Callie @ My Something New With You
If you missed the intro to this marriage series, check it out!
June is the most exciting month of this year for multiple reasons but especially because of our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY on June 9th! I have been awaiting it for a while now and have loved celebrating each monthly anniversary leading up to it.
Today I am thrilled to share lots happy moments and memories from the first year of our marriage. I love that I get to document this special occasion in such detail so that I can look back on it for years to come.
I am taking my own spin on this weeks topic. I am not very good at portraying humor and sarcasm on the blog so instead I am going to share 52 happy moments from the first year (some specific, some general)!! Why 52? Well there are 52 weeks in a year so....
Here are my favorite things that have happened since June 9, 2012.
- going on our honeymoon cruise to the carribean
- changing my last name
- coming home after the honeymoon and opening wedding gifts with our parents
- redbox movie nights
- going on walks around the neighborhood
- decorating the apartment for Christmas
- picking pumpkins at Ashland Berry Farm
- going to the Watermelon Festival
- playing with Camden and Maddie (our little cousins)
- celebrating Tim's birthday at Busch Gardens Christmastown
- celebrating Valentines Day with a heart-shaped pizza
- getting groceries together
- doing DIY projects
- eating out...a lot
- making our place a home
- getting jobs in our chosen fields!
- getting smart phones
- cuddling on the couch
- VT football games as alumni
- going to friends weddings as a married couple
- making major loan payments
- puppy shopping haha
- Friday cheers
- finding a church home
- the crazy nicknames Tim makes up for me
- hosting our families in our new place
- watching an entire series of House
- Denise visiting and having dinner with her and Justin
- watching The Walking Dead on New Years
- going to UVA to watch Hokie Basketball
- hiking by the James River
- the Tacky Lights tour
- fishing (and by that I mean watching Tim fish)
- watching Tim graduate with his Masters
- trying new recipes
- 4th of July fireworks on Brown's Island
- exploring Belle Isle with Ty and Gabby
- Easter at the Carpenter Center
- making homemade ice cream
- going to the gym
- swimming at our apartment pool
- frostings cupcakes and cookout milkshakes
- seeing the Jefferson at Christmas
- decorating gingerbread cookies with Anna and Ryan
- exploring Carytown- the Byrd Theatre, bookstore, unique shops and more
- the Irish parade
- drinking hot cocoa and watching the snow fall
- reuniting with Brittany in Blackburg
- Olivia and Chad visiting for the day
- the VMFA
- thrift shopping and yard sales
- planning our anniversary and future vacations
More on our 1st year of marriage coming soon!
I want to start a new tradition: whenever we have a funny or special memory we will write it down and put it in a jar. Each anniversary, we will open up the jar and read the notes from the past year. What do you think??