April 13, 2014

Easter Baskets Aren't Just For Kids! (Gabby's Post)

Last year my (now) mother-in-law came to stay with us Easter weekend. She doesn't get to visit us very often, so it was good to have her with us for a couple days. She's coming back this year! The best thing is she has off Good Friday and so do I, so that means extra hang out time.

Now that we have a proper guest bedroom for her to stay in, I really want to do it up so she feels at home. I (of course) went to Pinterest to find some Easter home ideas. There weren't too many great "adult" Easter ideas out there, so I took some inspiration from a few places.

I decided to make her an (Adult) Easter basket filled with things I know she'll love! I found one idea that really fits her and added in a bunch of other things I thought would go well with the "cozy" theme.
 

The hardest part was trying to decide what kind of basket I was going to put everything in. I decided on a decorative Aztec box from TJMaxx. It will be easier to put everything in the box and carry on the plane than if I had used a regular basket.


I found the first basket item when my hubby and I were in Kennett Square, PA at a coffee shop called Philter. (check it out if you happen to find yourself in the area...awesome!) They served tea there from another local shop called Mrs. Robinsons Tea Shop that has some really great teas (I had a white tea called Meditation Mind, so yummy, tasted like Spring flowers!). They also sold the tea at the coffee shop, so I decided it'd be a neat local gift to put in her basket. They also sell AMAZING chocolate from around the world, so I threw some of that in there too (Dark Chocolate Black Fig...sounds exotic doesn't it??!). Can't have an Easter basket without chocolate!


I also found some yummy smelling soap (Pineapple Cocoa Butter) at Scout and Annie but forgot to take a picture. Oops!

I went to Michaels to buy a few cheap embellishments to fill up the "basket"...some vintage looking painted Easter eggs, some vine-y stuff (I have no clue what it's actually called, I just know it looks cute!). I also bought her a Papyrus card from Target. I love those cards, but so expensive! Only for special occasions.



Put it all together and what do you get? A cute Easter basket for my MIL. :)



Check out my blog later this week to see our guest bedroom transformation for our MIL's arrival!


I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

Gabby







post signature

4 comments:

  1. It's such a pretty Easter basket!!! My husband and I get each other little random things to put in ours each year, we try to stray away from candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's cute you guys do that! We haven't done anything like that, but now I'm going to mention it to my husband! I tried to stay away from all the Easter candy too, I figured the stuff I got wouldn't be as bad! :)

      Delete
  2. That's adorable! What a cute idea for your MIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's always bringing us stuff, so I thought it'd be a nice way to show our appreciation! And I like making people feel at home, I thought it'd be a nice way to do that. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)