January 30, 2013

Wedding Wednesday #4

Happy Wedding Wednesday! Today's topic is STATIONARY!

Before I get into things, I want to wish my Mama a Happy Birthday! Love you!!

Stationary can define what your wedding is all about. It is the only picture into your wedding that your guests will receive beforehand.

You want all of it to be cohesive but it doesn't have to be too matchy. I was so thankful to have plenty of time to plan our wedding so I could find the best deal and make the best decision.

I knew I wanted our save the dates to include our engagement photos. I spent a ton of time searching for the perfect invitations. When I saw the mason jar shaped ones I couldn't pass them up. Etsy had so many beautiful ones but many were out of our price range. Remember that simple is better for a budget friendly wedding. The more elaborate you get the more costly and time consuming it is.

Save the dates:
Did them myself. You don't have to do a save the date but since we had such a long engagement I decided to.

Invitations:
The Blue Envelope Etsy Shop. They worked with me until we got the font, wording and colors just right! I was more than pleased with them and received many comments on how beautiful and unique they were.




Programs:
Did them myself. I waited until the last minute but still happy with the result. Had to cut them all out!

Guest Book:
Its My Day Etsy Shop. Love my guest book! Its made as a binder so you can add/take away pages if you please. So happy we could do the burlap to tie into our theme.




Here were some of my inspirations photos from Pinterest when I was thinking about my stationary:





Do you think stationary is an important aspect of a wedding? Do you think mine reflected the rest of our wedding?

To see more Wedding Wednesday posts go (here), (here) and (here)


Don't forget to link up to Wedding Wednesday w/ Mary @ A Happy Wife in NOLA!

Linking up to:

A Happy Wife in New Orleans

 
Semi Homemade Mom


XO Samantha

21 comments:

  1. Hey Samantha! I am co-hosting with you today! I lovelovelove your programs and guest book! Too cute! Plus, I love that you DIY! Enjoyed looking around your blog! Cant wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kalyn! Thanks sooo much :) Glad you stopped by and that we got to co-host together! I had already been following you haha..your blog is ADORABLE!

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  2. wow girl! I love yours! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Can't wait to take over your blog tomorrow!

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  3. I love the idea! So stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha! Thanks for the comment on my post today! I love your blog and am a new Follower!

    Your ideas are sooo creative and sweet! Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thanks :) Glad you stopped by. You are so sweet! All of these nice comments are overwhelming!!

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  5. Those are so adorable invitations! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness - too cute :) you must have been super patient to cut everything out... I would hae given up halfway through, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you and I was not very patient about it. I took it one small stack at a time and used scissors even though I know I should've used an exacto! :)

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  7. i love your invites!! reminds me of catching fireflies in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There were actually some out when we were about to leave :)

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  8. How cute! I love how you didn't do everything too matchy-matchy but all still cohesive. Very cute :)

    I'm working on stationary in March, yes I'm an organized freak like that, and will definitely be revisiting this.

    PS - hey from your co-host :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad we got to co-host together :) Will be reading your blog often! Let me know if you want help in March.

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  9. I love that kraft paper type invites from pinterest, the one with the lightbulbs! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Etsy has sooo many kraft paper ones! Love that its more rustic but can still be elegant

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  10. everything turned out fabulous! I love that you did so much yourself.
    thanks so much for following me, I am returning the love.
    I hope you entered the advertising giveaway. its such a good one!
    Kendra kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely entered the giveaway! I would LOVE to win. I never win anything but I guess you never know.

      XO Samantha

      Delete
  11. Happy 100th!

    And Yes, stationary is like an introductory to your wedding. So yes, its important.

    thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)