September 11, 2012

A moment of silence

I know my words and thoughts can in no way describe what it was like on September 11, 2001, but I just want to share what has been on my mind and heart. Today I decided drive home in silence. Instead of singing in my car and blasting my music on the way home, I wanted to reflect on what this day is really about. I turned the radio off and my usual 5 o' clock traffic rage to remind myself how lucky I am to be here. I like many others remember exactly where I was when tragedy struck. I was in 6th grade in my English class. Once I got home that day, my parents explained to me and my sister what had happened. We sat there watching the news and I knew that our country had been devastated. I couldn't fully wrap my head around it and I don't know if I ever will. I couldn't understand why someone would want to kill these innocent people? Why would they attack us? I have so much respect for those who were brave enough to come to these people's rescue and sacrifice their own lives. My heart breaks for the families and friends who lost loved ones. The entire country still weeps 11 years later. It feels like such a long time ago. Actually it's half of my lifetime ago, but the memory plays over like it was yesterday. I hope the pain and sadness that I feel for them will not fade over the years because we must NEVER forget. What made peoples lives turn upside down 11 years ago today now makes us stronger. Like I said, I know my statement won't change things, but I hope it makes you stop and take a moment of silence to reflect all of the lives that were lost.

I want to share some of the images posted on facebook because a picture is worth a thousand words. God Bless the U.S.A.









Never Forget
XO Samantha




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)