September 30, 2013

Sugared Hues {Design Collaboration}



Its time for the September Mood board collaboration!!

I skipped last months but I am so glad to be back and since then, we have had even more creative ladies join the group!

 Details:
Every month we will rotate choosing a color inspiration photo and all create a board based on it. It can be interior design, graphic design, fashion, etc. We will each post the boards on our blogs on the same day. Hopefully you will enjoy these inspiration filled posts. I know I am interested to see everyone's different styles and interpretations. You can click on the links to their blogs to see a full list of resources!

I immediately fell in love with this month’s color inspiration. My initial thought was to go with a somewhat nautical scheme but I didn't want to go overboard. I wanted to use it in a dining room setting so I had to give it some sophistication. Navy is one of my favorite hues (I mean I used it in my wedding) and I love the contrast of the coral and gold against it. I tend to use a lot of color in my designs but I wanted to restrain myself a little with this because the mustard, navy and coral can each stand on their own. P.S Do you recognize these curtains?? They are in my bedroom in green!

Resources
Rug: West Elm
Dining Chairs: Williams Sonoma
Dining Table: West Elm
Drapes: Target
Lighting: Urban Outfitters
Art: Etsy
Credenza: Target
Bowl: Target

ENJOY the rest of these lovely bloggers' designs!

I had so much fun with this month’s collaboration because it went perfectly with the idea i had in my head for a space in my house. i’ve been thinking about the hall bathroom and how to make the most of the very small space. it’s going to be the shared bathroom between the two kids so i wanted to reflect both genders as well as have a more grown up feel. when lizzie picked this inspiration palette i knew it was meant to be!come visit me to see the sources! carissamiss.com

I love these colors together. I had fun coming up with a more girly living room than I would normally use in my own home, but now I'm kind of obsessed with that rug. Stop by http://thissarahloves.wordpress.com/{http://wp.me/p2fNNT-YG} to see all my sources!


This color pallet of coarl, mustard, and navy with a neutral background are perfect for a girly bedroom. Click over towww.tinysidekick.com to see the sources!

This color pallet of coarl, mustard, and navy with a neutral background are perfect for a girly bedroom. Click over towww.tinysidekick.com to see the sources!

I'm calling this my "rustic glam" dining room. I got a bit overwhelmed with the possibilities because I love this color combo so much, but in the end I kept it pretty simple but cozy. I stuck with white walls (looking out for renters!) but I think a warm greige would be really pretty too. Visit me at www.livingprettyblog.com for more details and sources.

Coral, mustard, blue and GREEN? Sometimes it's okay to think outside of the box! Hop on over to www.HighCottonStyle.com to see how this guest bedroom came together!

Want a design board for your home? Get one HERE


post signature


6 comments:

  1. so glad to have you back:) love that we all were thinking coral needed to belong somewhere in the room:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these rooms!
    Doing a giveaway today, go check it out :)
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im loving these inspirations! great psot!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dining room...I could totally see this as a great office for me! So relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I am loving the gold accents! I have been obsessed with gold accents lately. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)