December 17, 2012

No words

I realize that I have not posted or mentioned the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting yet and that is because before now I have had no words. What do you say to families who have been involved in this? The whole country is grieving but no one can truly feel their pain. I was really hit hard yesterday at church as the pastor was praying for them. He talked about how these children and teachers have gifts under the tree that will never get opened. This somehow put into perspective for me that these loved ones will not be celebrating Christmas this year like I will. The families will be mourning and the lost ones will be in heaven looking down on them. I do not know what else to say other than to not take any day or moment for granted. I believe that this letter says it best. 
Tomorrow is a blogging day of silence. Love you blog friends and I will be back on Wednesday! 

God Bless
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a beautiful post. We are new followers from the GFC Collective Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still can't believe that this happened. It's so sad and our heart breaks for everyone who was touched by this tragedy.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)