Thanks Kristen @ theModageCottage for nominating me! and sorry I am so late in posting this....lots of other bloggy things going on!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute and endearing.
Here are the rules:
- Post 11 Random things about yourself
- Answer the questions that the nominator sets for you
- Create 11 questions for the people that you nominate
- Create 11 blogs that you love (also with 200 or less followers). Link them to your post and let them know they have been nominated
- No tag backs!
11 Random things about me:
- I am addicted to Coca-Cola! I could drink it for breakfast or right before bed and it wouldn't matter!
- I DO NOT have a smart phone (I feel like the only one in the world, but I'm okay with that). and it drives me crazy to see little kids with them :/
- I wasn't at all excited about moving to Richmond, but now I love it!
- I have never lived outside of VA.
- I LOVE dancing shows/movies, dancing games and anything dance and wish I had never given it up. I only did ballet when I was little. Is it too late to give it another shot?
- If I had to choose another profession I would want to be a chef or run a bakery.
- I love getting/giving cards. I think they should be given for all occasions!
- I have to hit the snooze button in the morning at least once. I am really slow at waking up.
- I love cooking but can't stand to do dishes :(
- I am addicted to shopping even if it's just window shopping.
- It makes me super happy that people actually read this blog! hehe!
Questions from Kristen:
- What enticed you to start blogging? I really wanted to start a blog because I feel like I have a lot to offer when it comes to sharing design advice. I really wanted a creative outlet to keep my design fresh and inspired. I also wanted a "journal" of memories and ideas that I can look back on.
- How would you describe the style of your home? Well, I don't have a house and the apartment is kind of a jumble of all of our stuff. But ideally I want the style of my home to be contemporary with some rustic touches and definitely some teal in every room.
- If you could have any career in the world, what would it be? I am actually doing it. I love design and getting the satisfaction of seeing my ideas come to life.
- Red wine, white wine or no wine? White wine. I don't drink it often but I much prefer it over red wine.
- What is your greatest guilty pleasure? A Cookout peanut butter fudge shake. Haha! I've probably mentioned it before but I could be having the worst day and one of those would definitely cheer me up. Even though I feel like I gained 5 pounds afterwards.
- If you had your own reality show, what would it be called? I really have no idea. I'd hate to not answer this question, but I guess if I had any type of show it would be a cooking one (on the Food Network). Ha a girl can dream, right?
- Chocolate or Vanilla? CHOCOLATE. No question about it!
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Parents that don't watch their children and let them act up.
- Introvert or extrovert? Extrovert. I love being around people and meeting people. If I didn't my job would be a lot harder. I have to admit though, some nights I just love to stay in and relax with the hubby.
- Where is your favorite place to go to relax? Haha, I guess my bed. Otherwise, I would say the beach. The sound of the ocean and the warm sun shining down makes for a nice relaxing day for me.
- If you could watch only one television show for the next month, what would it be? I would say House, but since I've seen almost all of the episodes I guess I would go with Vampire Diaries!
The 11 (AWESOME) blogs that I nominate!
- Libbie @ Libbie Doss
- Leanne @ And Away We Go
- Sarah @ A T-Shirt and Pearls
- Lindsey @ Countryside Chic
- Jamie @ Cozy Contemporary
- Lindsey @ Fourteen Feet Ceilings
- Deme @ A Fresh Coat of Paint
- Kristyn @ Organic Grey
- Rachel @ Rachel Emmilee
- Rachel @ Raves + Revelations
- Debbie @ Tales of the Benedicts
Questions for the Nominees:
- Where is the coolest place you've ever visited/vacationed?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What season do you enjoy most and why?
- What is the best gift you have ever received?
- Do you prefer coffee, tea or neither?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What was your favorite subject in grade school?
- How did you come up with your blog name and style?
- Cat person or dog person?
- What does an ideal weekend look like for you?
- If you could live in any other era, what would it be?
So I have to admit, I didn't take a picture that day, so I am going to post 2 from day 8! I took a lot over the weekend!
Busch Gardens Christmastown
Today is our 6 Month Anniversary!!