August 8, 2013

Apartment Updates- Bookcases, Shoe Storage & Dining Chairs

I keep telling you that I am so excited to get back to blogging and yet all week I couldn't think of anything to write about. Well, lucky for you I finally have an idea! 

How about I share some updates to our apartment? I am very happy with the state of our home right now but the designer in me will always find things to change. The majority of our furniture was given to us, brought from home or came from our college apartments.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that but some of it just isn't my style.

We have finally found some bookcases to replace our basic 3 shelf ones that flank the tv. 

We are going to get 2 of these beauties tomorrow!


Another piece that we need for the living room is shoe storage or organization for the entryway. I haven't found anything I really like yet. Who knows...maybe this will be my next DIY project?? :)

pebbles

crates

baskets/bins

Now onto the "dining room". I say this in quotations because its more or less an area, not a room. The existing table and chairs were given to us from my Aunt Eva and I have used them for about 3 years now. Will probably replace the chairs first and worry about the table later because we might have a larger dining room when we move again. If we bought a table now it would probably end up being too small.

I have my eye on these!!


Target has 2 of these for $99. World Market has 1 for $119.
Not everyone would want this for a dining room chair because it is informal and is probably not going to be super comfortable. I however adore this industrial look and you can't beat 4 dining chairs for $200, right?? Amazing!!

These inspiration images will probably change your mind if you are on the fence about them.






Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore every design inspiration photo in this post. Could you and Veronica please come and totally redo my house for me please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things - the target chairs are tiny. But cute. And we got bookshelves just like those for less from Overstock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chairs are awesome! I have been eyeing some for my new office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, how excited! Kevin let me buy new pillows last weekend...so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that idea of putting shoes on those pebbles! My sister just bought her first home so I'll have to show her these ideas. I found your blog through the Friday Five (congrats by the way!). Loving your posts, and can't wait to read more!


    Have a great day!
    Grace
    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ideas - especially the pebbles - we could totally do that!!! We find shoes in our kitchen 24/7 and this would just make it so much better.

    You should totally link up with us at Tell Us Tuesday with one of your favorite posts from this week! We'd love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Ideas, shoe storage with white stone, very cute..aktala.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)