August 23, 2013

When in doubt, paint it Gold

I have been so eager to find my next DIY project. So on my last trip to Michaels, I picked up some gold paint.  I bought Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Metallic Paint in Gold and Brushed Bronze. I didn't have anything specific in mind that I wanted to turn gold so I looked to Pinterest for some ideas.

Speaking of crafts, I am going to let out a little secret. I have been working on starting up an Etsy Shop. I am not going share my full plan yet but let's just say it involves watercolor and is going to be very customizable! Will hopefully be taking orders before the holidays!

Now onto some pretty things to start the weekend off!

Frames

Dishes

Mason Jars

Pumpkins (for fall)- definitely doing this one!

Furniture

Napkins

Food

And if you really love gold...



Hope you have a Happy Weekend :)

Have you painted anything gold?? What is your favorite brand of gold paint? Share your gold posts with me!


post signature

9 comments:

  1. Love this post! I just wrote two posts on DIY projects with gold! Can't wait to see what you create!

    http://tealvogue.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-glitter-mason-jars.html

    http://tealvogue.blogspot.com/2013/08/gold-vase-diy.html

    Xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I'm a firm believer in gold.
    My sister and I threw my mom a pink and gold 50th a couple of months ago. Our first time party planning! I SPRAY painted the candle sticks and vases gold with some basic paint I found at Hobby Lobby. It was the easiest thing ever and really made them stand out:
    http://sippingsweettea.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-pink-and-gold-affair-moms-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so we need to catch up! new shop? Tell me more! Also, I'm up for painting things gold...why don't we live closer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, we have gold china from my grandma that I love! (We don't use it too often though...) Don't know about that kitchen but you are making me want to find some more gold in my life!

    Jen
    www.goteambowen@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I totally agree, I love the gold bar stools and mason jars, such great ideas :)
    Just popping over from The Collective and now following you on GFC

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've yet to paint anything gold - then again, I've had zero time for any crafts this summer (yay for fall coming! haha) however, gold is just IN; hands down, no questions hand...it's in! I've been focusing on gold jewelry though. Does that count? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all of these gold ideas! I've got to add some gold to my new office

    Can't wait to hear more about your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been loving gold lately! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been sooo obsessed with gold lately!! Check out my Kate Spade inspired gold dots in my bedroom :)

    Lindsey
    Real Life Fabulous
    RealLifeFabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)