August 20, 2013

Gabby's Table Makeover

Today's post is going to make your life A LOT easier....if you are a DIYer! Remember when I revamped our hutch and painted it yellow? We spent countless hours sanding, priming, painting, and repeat... I just discovered a product I SERIOUSLY wish I had known about then. Maybe I am late to the party and you can tell me if I am, but if you don't know about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, then you're welcome!

We went to Christiansburg/Blacksburg this weekend to visit Ty and Gabby. One of our highlights was going to a place called Black Dog Salvage. They just so happen to sell this paint and Gabby bought some to paint a small table she has.

And of course I had to document it so I could give you a before and after! Gabby's table is a combination of Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue, Pure White and Dark Wax. She wanted a more vintage look so after applying the dark wax (with a soft cloth), she used a fine sand paper to allow some of the black to show through.
Before

After 1st coat: (the cloudy sky made the color look more grey than it was)

After 2nd coat: (still wet, thats why the coat doesn't look smooth)

Doesn't it look amazing?? Who knew furniture makeovers could be so easy? I love that this piece is now unique to her and looks great the way she styled it!

(If you don't want a distressed look, they also offer a clear wax.)


So what separates this paint from the rest?? There is NO prep work! You don't have to sand or strip paint/finish off the furniture. Just get a good quality brush and a drop cloth. You can paint it on wood, metal, concrete, plastic and much more. And to make it EVEN better, it dries really fast so you can be done in a few hours unless you are overly ambitious painting something really big!

**Check out the website for even more reasons to use this paint!

More Resources:
-Extending the Range of the Color Palette
-Crackle Effect
-How to order
-Annie Sloan's blog

Now I have to find something else to paint! These are the colors they offer but you can customize it by mixing (like Gabby did). My favorites are French Linen, Versailles, Provence, Florence, and Paris Grey. Which ones do you like??


**These opinions are my own. I was not asked to review this product nor did I receive compensation for it.**

Here are some other great finds from Black Dog Salvage:

I dream of a porch swing like this...

Love being near Blacksburg...so much Hokie spirit

Teal brick :) love the faux mantle and crab painting

Teal chair- need 4 of these for my dining room!

Where there's teal, I will find it!

Love this grey and yellow set up

The crates I almost bought for my shoe storage idea...

A similar factory cart table but for $895!! WOAH 



post signature

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Although I'm biased because I've known Gabby since middle school :) She is super crafty. Loved the project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Lauren!! :) You're very craft yourself with all your home DIY. (yes I stalk all your projects..hehe) Now I just need to see it in person!

      Delete
  2. I've seen this paint before but I didn't know that the benefit was skipping so many steps. That's awesome! I might need to try this after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so Jenna from recently roached uses that paint and I couldn't figure out the big deal behind it...thanks for explaining! That's pretty cool! I will definitely have to keep it in mind. What is the end touch like? Is it smooth, or glossy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for explaining Annie Sloan chalk paint! I've seen it around the internet a lot these past few days, but didn't know why the hype! :)

    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. I need to recondition something. What that something is, I'm not sure... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I need to try chalk paint sometime. I'm a bad blogger and still haven't tried it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)