October 11, 2012

Day 2~VT Interior Design Student Series~ Rachel

The next VT Interior Design Senior that I am going to brag on is Rachel! I had studio with Rachel my fall semester of senior year. Now you might be wondering how we had the same studio if we aren't in the same year. Well, our program started doing vertical studios which essentially combines the classes so that we can learn from each other. And yes we did learn from them as well even though they are younger.

I really enjoyed these vertical studios because you could really see the range in how we progress in just a year. As a junior, you are already pretty well developed in design skills, but some of the small details that you work out can really make a difference. It can also show lots of different perspectives on one challenge.

Rachel is soooo sweet and has some really awesome design concepts. I could tell that she put a lot of research and effort into making sure her ideas were solid. She is a very humble girl and it shows in how she presents herself and her work. A lot of times I didn't like doing team projects because people get so opinionated and want everything to go their way. This is not Rachel. I would have loved team projects if I could work with her. You want to work with her because she is so kind and is a good listener.

I of course will miss Rachel as well. I know all of these girls will find a great job and succeed. She wanted me to present her work as it is on her resume. I actually think this is pretty cool because it shows you all (my readers) how an interior designer's resume is a little different. We spend A LOT and I mean it A LOT of time working on our resumes. We also have to make a "teaser" page or 2 or 3 to show our future employers what we can do.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of just me and Rachel but I do have one of us in a group!

P.S. I was just thinking, if anyone is interested in doing a guest post let me know! I would love to have you :)

This first project is a corporate office space for the charity of our choice. This was one of my favorite projects by far! I love Rachel's ceiling design for this. It really plays up the flow of the space. Sometimes designer forget about the ceiling but Rachel's design for this is very put together.

This next project is a Sephora pop-up store. This essentially means it is a temporary store that can be set up anywhere. We had to construct it from the ground up. Rachel did a great job in creating a high end feel that is easy to assemble.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of just me and Rachel but I do have one of us in a group!
Rachel is on the far right in the front :) (photo belongs to Denise Pendleton)


P.S. I was just thinking, if anyone is interested in doing a guest post let me know! I would love to have you :)

XO Samantha


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)