Lots of recent thinking has brought up this post. I have really been asking myself what it means to be a true friend and to have a true friend. It has been really hard for me to move to a new city and not have any friends here. Since then, a few have moved here and I have met a few new girls but it is much harder than meeting people in college. I don't expect to have my friends visit all of the time or be able to visit them all of the time. I just want to be able to have a girls day and go shopping or just watch chick flicks and eat ice cream :). I married my best friend and I am soooo grateful for him and his love for me.
I just wanted to share what I think it means to be a good friend and reminisce on some good memories with friends (sorry for picture overload)
1. A good friend is someone that you feel close to even when you are hundreds/thousands of miles away.
2. A good friend is someone who you can always count on.
3. A good friend is someone that can make you smile just by thinking of them.
4. A good friend should listen, comfort, and be kind.
5. A good friend should make you feel like you are just as important as their other friends.
6. A good friend should be someone you feel that you can share anything with.
Here are some of the people that I have had the privilege of calling friends over the years:
Warning: may be some old/embarrassing pics in here!
And my true best friend FOREVER!