August 4, 2012

A love for all things Rustic and DIY

My last semester at Virginia Tech, I gained a new best friend: Denise! When we were hanging out at her apartment, I noticed this awesome table that she had and I was so jealous. She told me how good of a deal she got for it and I asked if she could find me one. She did!! It was our wedding gift from her and I LOVE it. It is a factory cart turned into a coffee table. Here it is (covered in gifts):


Here is a similar one that you can buy from Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/105247693/original-vintage-industrial-factory-cart?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=factory+cart+table&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all She found it and cleaned it up for us. It is a gorgeous piece of furniture that really makes a statement at our apartment. It has cast iron wheels and wood planks on top. This really struck my interest in spaces that were old and industrial. I recently interned at Odell Associates in Richmond and their office is what used to be the Lucky Strike factory. They really were successful in maintaining the character of the building. It was such an inspiring space to work in. So today I wanted to really inspire you with some rustic spaces that I love.

On another note, I have been trying to be thrifty and so my husband and I went yard saling today! I haven't been in a very long time and we found some good stuff. I got 2 window panels from Pier One in the package for $2! Another great find was 2 International Silver Company platters for $3 each! I plan to do a DIY project with the curtains like this one:
http://theblissfulbeeblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/diy-painted-chevron-curtains.html I will keep you updated on how these turn out!!

I love chevron! What patterns/prints are your favorites? I love these different variations. Do you have anything chevron? If so, I would love for you to show me!! Feel free to email them to me @samantha.n.shipley@gmail.com.
Pinterest


Here is some Rustic Inspiration:

 Pinterest
 Pinterest
Pinterest

XO Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)