August 8, 2012

Go for the Gold

Nothing makes me more proud of the USA then watching the Olympics and seeing our country win medal upon medal. It has now become a routine for my husband and I to come home from work, eat dinner, and watch the Olympics every night. As I'm sure everyone has their favorite events to watch, I personally enjoy swimming, gymnastics, and beach volleyball. If you haven't tuned in yet, there is still time.
If you know me, you know that I have a small obsession with Coca-cola. I don't want to lose all of my Pepsi drinking viewers, but I personally say Coke is the way to go and it really is an iconic drink of the US. In fact, they are the longest continuous sponsor of the Olympic games. If you want to know more about this, follow this link! http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/heritage/olympicgames.html 



Do you have a favorite Olympian that you are cheering for? I have to give a special congrats to fabulous gymnast Gabby Douglas who made us Virginians proud!!
I want to know what your favorite events are. Do you prefer the summer or winter Olympics? If you could choose one city for the Olympics to be in, what would it be?
Since today's post is all about the U.S.A, I thought I would post some red,white, and blue inspiration! Enjoy :)

FOOD

 Pinterest
such an easy treat to make and so yummy

Pinterest
would be a pretty impressive dessert to bring to a 4th of July cookout

haven't make cake pops yet, but I will have to try these soon

DESIGN
Pinterest
would be a great kitchen for a lakehouse

 love that the beds are in nooks and the bunting is a great touch

this is so chic, love those stools and drapes

DIY/CRAFTS
Pinterest
would make great decorations for a back porch/deck

 would love one of these for the front door

love paint chip crafts (because they're free)

painting pots and mix and match plant in coordinating colors GENIUS

WEDDINGS/PARTIES

Pinterest
 classic and elegant invitations

this is so put together, love the lanterns

cool candy bar for a wedding

 LOVE this, and they even have coke and cupcakes :)

beautiful setup

FASHION

such an adorable dress, I should add it to my collection


nice weekend outfit, love the bow shorts and wedges

XO Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to show my blog some love :)